Thursday 23 April 2009

Change of Story

You may remember my blog telling you all that Yorkshire Water will pay for structural surveys to be done on any houses that may be affected by the volume of traffic involved in the waste treatment works construction. When I tried to find out about how we can get this done the story changed a little. Apparently Yorkshire Water will decide which houses they think need to be surveyed, using "rule of thumb" and history and experience and it would consist of only those houses very close to the road. Oh well, it was a nice idea while it lasted. I would suggest, however, anybody whose house is very close to the road should request a survey be carried out. This can be done by contacting Anna Smith at Yorkshire Water on 01977 522600.

3 comments:

  1. I really think the Church should be included, does anybody know who to speak to at the church?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Susan Sellers at Bank House - further down Landing Lane the road to the right as you go towards the river. I will mention it if I see her.

    ReplyDelete